Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Birthday, already?!

I cannot believe the time to start planning is near. Ok, its not near, its right here in front of me. I am going today to figure out his cake and start looking for party decorations. I've heard rumors that two certain grocery chains will do the baby cake for free, provided you display your child's birth certificate. I'll be checking into that one. Grammie offered to pay for it, but if they do them for free, there is no need! I dont know if you have to get another, larger cake there to be able to do that though, so if that's the case we're out. I am going to make the cakes for Brayden's guests. I have always wanted to be able to do fun things like that and be creative for my child's birthday and I finally have that chance. Not sure what exactly I"ll do yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Abe might get lucky. I might have to practice at least once before the big day.

As I type this it is getting ready to storm. For the second time today. I'm a bit bummed because I promised Brayden a swing at the park and swimming in his pool. I can't believe its only to be in the high 70's today. That's almost unheard of this time of year. Its actually a nice break from the humidity and overwhelming heat. Well I have no more thoughts at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check Harris Teeter if you have one near you! They allow you to enroll in a program that's free and you just put down his birth date. They'll give you a free cake for him (smash cake) which is originally $6 something. I didn't have to show his birth certificate. Good Luck!! :)